Industrial Embedded Design with the NI SOM (sbRIO 9651) –
An ecosystem of proven hardware and software for industrial embedded controller development
Reduce Your Embedded Development Costs and Risk
Start here to prove out your system
End here for completed solution
|What is it?|
|VERDI is a rapid prototyping environment for the development of NI sbRIO 9651 SOM-based (System On Module) industrial embedded systems.|
|The key to VERDI is in the library of pre-existing hardware and software modules. These are really like re-usable building blocks to build your solution with.|
|Who is it for?|
|VERDI is well-suited to applications that have a need for high-end analog (high-speed, low-noise) or high-speed digital interfaces or where an FPGA is desired for determinism or tight loop control.|
|VERDI is intended for industrial equipment manufacturers.|
|Applications are targeted toward monitoring and control of industrial equipment, machines, and instruments.|
|Potential industries include: Energy, Rail, Industrial equipment and instruments|
|How does it work?|
|Utilizing your requirements, we start by identifying which pre-existing hardware and software functionality can be re-used, and which functions will need to be developed custom.|
|We develop custom hardware and software as needed and configure the chassis.|
|We hand the configured chassis over to you so you can prove it out with the rest of your system.|
|We then incorporate any desired changes and use the sub-circuits from the modules to design a mezzanine board to mate to the SOM (and re-use the software) for a completed solution.|
- GPS – The GPS module provides position and timing information.
- Analog Input – There are two analog input modules. One module that provides up to 4/8 channels of simultaneous 24-bit A/D sampling at 100 kS/s, and another module that provides up to 1-4 channels of simultaneous 16-bit A/D sampling at 4MS/s.
- Analog Output – The analog output module provides up to 8 analog output channels with an update rate up to 50 kHz, configurable with simultaneous or staggered updates.
- Thermocouple / mV Input – The thermocouple module supports up to 16 channels of differential-input thermocouples, with a conversion rate of up to 100 S/s. This module can also be utilized for other mV-level (0-500 mV) differential signals.
- Digital Input/Output – The digital Input/Output module provides up to 32 channels of IO, and is configurable in banks of 8 as Input or Output.
- High Speed Digital – The high-speed digital module provides up to 8 channels of digital input/output, configurable bitwise as input or output.
- Bridge Sensor Interface – The bridge sensor interface module provides up to 8 channels of differential input with up to 30 kS/s conversion rate and solid low noise performance (Excitation + measurement). This module can also be used as a generic 24-bit A/D converter with several voltage input options.
- Memory – The memory interface provides non-volatile data storage in the form of an SD card slot.
- Communications – The communications interface is multi-faceted and includes Ethernet, USB, and custom I/O.
- Additional modules can be custom developed for your scenario