Condition Monitoring – Improving the Uptime of Industrial Equipment
Monitoring the Health of Industrial Equipment
Client: A large industrial company that uses industrial-grade compressors.
- Increase awareness of potentially harmful operating conditions.
- Record detailed data upon event detection.
- Reduce unnecessary equipment shutdowns due to spurious vibration transients.
We utilized an off-the-shelf controller (NI cRIO) combined with custom software in order to augment and create the first system with ~2 man-months of effort. This solution has been installed in several facilities and is projected to be installed in hundreds of facilities around the world.
- Send alerts via email when potentially harmful operating conditions occur.
- Record detailed data upon event detection for failure analysis and predictive maintenance.
- Suppress spurious vibration transient signals to reduce unnecessary equipment shutdowns.